ContactSouth Florida Office
One Financial Plaza, 23rd Floor
100 Southeast Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33394
(954) 492-4010 (tel)
(954) 492-1144 (fax)
215 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
(850) 577-0398 (tel)
(850) 577-0385 (fax)
Jennifer J.H. Pierce
Director of Marketing and Community Development
Jennifer J.H. Pierce joined Colodny Fass in July, 2007 as Director of Marketing and Community Development. In this role, Pierce will focus on business development, marketing, public relations and communications for the Firm as it enters its next expansion phase.
Pierce, who specializes in public relations issue campaigns relating to legislative matters, brings to the Firm extensive experience in multiple communications disciplines and a successful track record of strategic business relationship development in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Most recently, she held the position of Sponsorship & Community Affairs Manager for The Miami Herald, where she developed and directed an annual six-figure sponsorship budget. There, she served as in-house media agency and consultant to the newspaper's affiliate non-profits and events that required ongoing public relations counseling, media placement, creative direction and copywriting.
Prior to joining The Miami Herald, Pierce nurtured her community ties through several governmental and public relations positions, including her tenure at Gulfstream Park Thoroughbred racetrack, where she held the position of Community Relations Director and State Legislative Liaison.
At Gulfstream, she introduced innovative concepts into Florida's Legislative process and developed grass roots and leadership support necessary for these ideas to achieve status as Florida law. Pierce also has served as corporate spokesperson to the media and community on both legislative and marketing issues and consistently gained broad-spectrum news coverage as a result of her public relations efforts.
A former features writer and newspaper columnist with the Sun-Sentinel, Pierce has an insider's perspective on media and is accomplished in various advanced writing styles and communications disciplines.
Twice named by South Florida Business Journal as an "Up and Comer" finalist and named as a "Woman of the Year" finalist by the South Florida Women in Communications Chapter, Pierce continues to participate and assume leadership in a wide variety of community and civic organizations throughout South Florida, including service on the Boards of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber, Miramar-Pembroke Pines Chamber, Volunteer Broward, Winterfest Boat Parade, Hollywood Boys and Girls Club, United Way of Broward County, the 1999 Super Bowl and Breeders' Cup Host Committees, Greater Miami Chamber Sports Council and Legislative Package Committees, Broward Alliance, Greater Fort Lauderdale Advertising Federation as Legislative Chairman and the Fort Lauderdale Philharmonic Society, among others.
Areas of Experience
- Legislative and Governmental Consulting
- Public Affairs
- Public Relations, specializing in issue campaigns
- Corporate Representation and Community Development
- Corporate Communications
- Business Development
- Bachelor of Science, Advertising and Communication
Florida International University, 1990
Professional Memberships and Community Leadership
- Weston Chamber of Commerce Advisory Board
- Health Foundation of South Florida/2006 Concern Awards Selection Committee
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Advertising Federation/Board of Directors: Legislative & PR Chair
- Best Buddies of Broward/Advisory Board
- Volunteer Broward/Executive Board
- Miramar Pembroke Pines Chamber of Commerce/Board of Directors/Governmental Affairs Committee
- Winterfest Boat Parade/Board of Directors
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce/Board of Directors, Public Policy Committee
- Literacy Coalition of Broward County/ Board of Directors
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce/Sports Council, Legislative Package Committee
- American Heart Association/Miami-Dade County Chapter Board of Directors
- Boys & Girls Club of Hollywood/Board of Directors; Chairman, Newsletter Committee
- United Way of Broward County/Employee Campaign Manager, Communications Committee
- South Florida Council of Boy Scouts of America/Advisory Board
- Junior Achievement Social Connections/Board of Directors
- 1999 Super Bowl Host Committee/Media Committee; Co-chair, Media Hospitality Subcommittee
- 1999 South Florida Breeders’ Cup Committee/VIP, Media & Marketing, FanFest Committees
- Fort Lauderdale Philharmonic Style & Substance Luncheon 1998/Assistant to the Chairman
- Broward Alliance/Governor’s Cup, Communications and International Marketing Committee
- Multiple State Legislative Campaigns/Volunteer
- Miramar Chamber of Commerce Pinnacle Award Nominee 2007
- March of Dimes 2006 "Woman of Distinction" Nominee
- Women in Communications “Woman of the Year” Finalist 2005
- Winterfest Boat Parade “Propeller” Award 2004
- South Florida Business Journal “Up and Comer Award” Finalist 2000, 2003
- Panelist: Artserve of Broward County "Meet the Funders"
- Panelist: Women in Communications Marketing and Sponsorship Forum
- Panelist: Miramar Pembroke Pines Chamber of Commerce Marketing Forum
- Judge: Miami Herald Spelling Bee
- Judge: Broward County Parent Teacher Association Literature and Art Contests
- 2008 Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Filing and Compliance Symposium
- 2007,2009 Florida State of the Insurance Market Summit
- 2009 American Association of Managing General Agents Annual Meeting