Law Firm Holds Post-Hurricane Conference In Tampa
December 9th, 2004
“After the 2004 Hurricane Season” attended by Legislators and Execs
FORT LAUDERDALE/TAMPA, FL – The total costs for the four hurricanes that hit Florida this year in rapid succession will likely exceed Hurricane Andrew’s $22 billion tab. Assessing this reality was the agenda on December 9th when insurance regulatory and government affairs law firm, Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate, sponsored a special conference titled “After the 2004 Hurricane Season” for insurance executives.
“You can’t overestimate the impact of bringing together top executives, regulators and legislators to discuss the impact of the 2004 hurricane season,” commented Fred Karlinsky, partner at Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate. “I believe that meeting in this think tank atmosphere to evaluate the past, and plan for the future, shows our level of commitment to our clients and the state of Florida.”
Attendees spent the day at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa discussing the state of the industry. The purpose of the event was to outline the impact of the storms and discuss potential answers to the problems and challenges that have resulted. Offering their expertise were:
- Kevin McCarty – Commissioner, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
- Lisa Miller - Deputy Commissioner, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
- Sean Mooney – Chief Economist, Guy Carpenter
- Lara Mowery – Senior Vice President, Guy Carpenter
- Rade Musulin – Vice President of Operations, Florida Farm Bureau
- Bob Ricker, President and Executive Director, Citizen’s Property Insurance Corporation; and Chair of the Florida Commission on Hurricane Loss Projection Methodology
- Fred Karlinsky - Partner, Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate
- Matt Wester - Senior Insurance Analyst, Florida Surplus Lines Service Office
- Tony Grippa (via telephone) – Executive Director, Florida Insurance Guarantee Association
A Legislative panel that included The Honorable J.D. Alexander, Florida Senate Insurance Committee; The Honorable Carey Baker, Florida Senate Insurance Committee; The Honorable Leslie Waters, Speaker Pro Tempore, Florida House of Representatives; The Honorable David Rivera, Vice Chair, Insurance Committee, Florida House of Representatives; The Honorable Kim Berfield, Immediate Past Chair, Insurance Committee, Florida House of Representatives and The Honorable Franklin Sands, Florida House of Representatives, a member of the Insurance Committee.
“This Conference enabled us to critique the industry’s performance in what was a record hurricane season,” stated Mike Colodny, founding partner at Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate. “We were able to discuss ideas that will ensure a healthy property and casualty marketplace in Florida from this point forward.”
Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate is a 30-year-old Fort Lauderdale law firm that in addition to its work in business, corporate, civil rights, and employment law, has significant expertise and experience representing insurance companies, government entities, and associations. The firm has offices in both Fort Lauderdale and Tallahassee. For more information, visit our Web site at www.ctflaw.com or contact us by phone at (954) 492-4010 or in Tallahassee at (850) 577-0398.
CONTACT: Todd Templin or Don Silver of Boardroom Communications at (954) 370-8999 or via e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, both for Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate.